Largest Fish Ever Taken in Maryland
Grace Czemick of Cheektowago, NY caught this 1210 lb. TIGER SHARK off Ocean City, MD. It is the largest fish ever taken in Maryland. She was fishing aboard the "Lisa" with her husband, Tony, Karl Oestering, Captain Stu Windsor and mate Jim Liberto on July 9th, 1983.
The shark was hooked 27 miles off shore and in 22 fathoms of water. Mrs. Czerniak fought the shark for 3 1/2 hours. There were no scales large enough to weight the fish in Ocean City. The shark was transported to a near-by poultry plant for weighing.
- 2007 Canyon Kickoff - 1st Place
- Tuna 2006 Canyon Kickoff - 1st Place Tuna & 1st Place Wahoo
- 2003 Canyon Kickoff - 1st Place Bluefin Tuna
- 2002 Canyon Kickoff - 3rd Place Bluefin Tuna
- 2000 White Marlin Open - 2nd Place - White Marlin
- 2000 OC Marlin Club - Largest White Marlin
- 1998 OC Marlin Club - Largest Tuna
- 1997 Canyon Kickoff - 1st Place
- 1996 Tuna Tournament - 1st Place